Saturday, February 27, 2010

Emanation

Everything has a beginning. This is the beginning of my first blog. I'm curious to see what arises from putting my thoughts down in this format. I've kept a journal off and on for several years. I never had any interest to start a blog of my own but in recent months I have been blessed by reading several different blogs. It is my hope that this will not be a blog that adds to the noise but is a unique element in the symphony of life.

The fact that it is cool and rainy on this February afternoon is contributing to my introvert state of mind I am certain.

I am a melancholy romantic, an old soul and young at heart. Turning 25 has caused me to rethink a lot of things and stirred up an intense desire to Man Up and live life with more purpose and accomplishment. I hope that this blog will help me to set, track and fulfill my goals as well as process my thoughts and feelings along the journey.

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

- Jack London

No comments:

Post a Comment